Team Decision-making, introduces an eight-step process for making team decisions and reviews the consensus decision-making process. Each of the eight steps is discussed and tools to aid in decision-making are introduced. Participants practice making consensus decisions. As a result of this course, participants will have the tools to make high quality decisions.
- Understand and explain the stages and steps of decision-making
- Use the eight step decision-making process to make best-value decisions
- Use a consensus decision-making process
- Determine when and how to use 4 decision-making tools
- Use a decision checklist
This course uses a highly interactive teaching style, combining discussions of relevant theory and principles with experiential activities to create a rich and engaging learning environment.
- Eight Steps to a Best-Value Decision: decision-making process model
- Tasks Before Making a Decision: recognize need, identify stakeholders, identify the most appropriate decision-making method, establish the decision boundaries
- Tasks While Making a Decision: gather information, identify options, select best option
- Tasks While Implementing the Decision: implementation steps and follow-up
- Consensus Decision-making: define consensus process steps and discuss advantages and disadvantages to this method of decision-making
- Decision-making tools: RASI, Decision Checklist, Concept Selection Matrix, Linear Responsibility Chart