Relationship-based Selling, participants familiar with selling learn and practice how to use the selling process to build long-term relationships with their customers. The selling process is based on the triple win approach – a win for the customer, a win for the organization and a win for the salesperson. Relationship-based Selling applies a collaborative and consultative approach, with the customer’s needs treated as the only priority. To build on the triple win selling mindset, a straight-forward, five step selling process with proven tools is provided and practiced, giving each participant the chance to grow their understanding and skill set. Participants are encouraged to use course time to reflect upon and plan action steps to improve actual selling situations.
- Identify the behaviors and attitudes essential for building and maintaining winning relationships with customers
- Describe and practice the five steps of Relationship-based Selling
- Describe the formula for customer enthusiasm
- Create a personal plan for success
- Identify key follow-up activities
This course uses a highly interactive teaching style, combining discussions of relevant theory and principles with practice simulations to create a rich and engaging learning environment.
- Sales Comfort Zone: customer and salesperson fears and concerns
- Building Trust: building trust with the customer (Truth, Respect, Understanding, Support, Trustworthiness)
- TripleWin Relationship Model: Compete, Coexist, Coordinate, Collaborate
- TripleWin’s Relationship-based Selling Process: Build a Trust-based Relationship, Discuss & Identify Customer Needs, Explore & Propose Solutions, Reach Agreement, Maintain a Trusting Relationship
- Listening Skills: ignoring, pretending, selective, attentive and empathic listening
- Asking Great Open-ended Questions: practice and identify standard questions to use
- Customer Enthusiasm: process for understanding customer expectations
- Moments of Truth (MOT): building a MOT action plan