Facilitating 101, helps participants improve their facilitation and meeting skills. Tools are provided to increase overall meeting effectiveness. Participants have a chance to practice both meeting and group development facilitation skills. The session uses team initiatives to increase participant’s confidence and competence in using experiential learning activities when facilitating team development sessions.
- Define and describe the components of an effective meeting
- Evaluate meeting facilitation skills
- Recognize four types of meetings and identify the purpose of each one
- Understand the key roles and responsibilities of a meeting facilitator
- Learn various meeting management tools
- Explore the adult learning cycle
- Practice facilitating team development activities
This course uses a highly interactive teaching style, combining team initiatives and group discussions with relevant theory and facilitation principles to make a rich and engaging learning environment.
- Facilitation Skills: facilitator skills checklist
- Meeting Norms: establishing effective norms
- Kinds of Meetings: information, problem solving, decision-making, motivational
- Key Roles of a Meeting Facilitator: group task and meeting process functions
- Meeting Management Tools: contacting questions, meeting assessments, templates
- Experiential Learning Cycle: increasing engagement in the learning process
- Using Team Initiatives: how to select appropriate initiatives, set up, conduct and maximize lessons learned when using team initiatives